Below are 9 common questions and answers about TempGuard. There are in two sections: Operations and Installations. Please review each area for your question. You may also contact us through email@example.com for any question not listed.
- Do my employees ever need to read the thermometers in my store?
- They should not “Need” to read the thermometers. Of course, it is always wise to do a manual confirmation every few months that none of the equipment has faltered.
- Can I scan at any time to read all or only some of my thermometers?
- You can request a scan at ANY time, and it will occur immediately. If you want to filter the search and only scan certain thermometers, then TempGuard will need to create an adaptive program for you. There would be no increase in the monthly fee, but there would be a small one-time development fee.
- Do I need to purchase a special tablet or smartphone to scan and record the temperatures?
- TempGuard works with an app that can be downloaded on any Android or Apple device. Some stores may have the app on each manager’s personal phone, other stores will have purchased a store tablet that is shared among all managers. TempGuard works on smart devices, whether they are company owned or personal.
- Can I print out the hourly scans of temperatures?
- You can. The Scan Records created by TempGuard can be printed. The ability to print depends more on your device being paired or connected to your printer.
- Will the County and State Inspectors accept the TempGuard record?
- We have created TempGuard to meet the standards of Health Inspectors. Most inspectors prefer to read an automated record, rather than handwritten sheets where penmanship may cause confusion on the numbers recorded. In several other industries, only automated records (truck drivers for instance) are now being accepted. If your local inspector wants a specific format that TempGuard does not presently come in, we can create the program in the format of their choice. There would be no increase in the monthly fee, but there would be a small one-time development fee.
- How long does it take to install TempGuard into my store or restaurant?
- Obviously, it depends on the size and configuration of your store or restaurant. Most locations require 20 or less sensors. We can install, activate and train staff all in a half day.
- What if I expand and need more sensors?
- If you expand your offerings or increase the size of your store or restaurant you may need additional sensors and additional gateways to be installed and activated. This may take a half day, at most. There would be the cost of the additional hardware, and if you needed more than 20 sensors in total, then your monthly licensing fee will be adjusted.
- My company wants the temperatures recorded a specialized spreadsheet they own. Can TempGuard be adapted to it?
- We can adapt TempGuard to autofill any spreadsheet, if we have been given access and/or permission to store’s proprietary spreadsheet program. There would be no increase in the monthly fee, but there would be a small one-time development fee.
- Download a PDF flyer for your industry. Below is a generic flyer, one designed for food stores (Convenient stores, Grocers), and one for Air Conditioning installation and repair companies.